Pearson Education Asia Limited ("Pearson")
Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement gives you information Pearson is required by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance") to provide to you in relation to the personal data Pearson may collect from you.
Pearson may collect your personal data from time to time in its dealing with you, for example, when you purchase products or services at Pearson HK eStore or elsewhere; register with Pearson's website; participate in or attend any activity of Pearson; join Pearson Fan Club; make product or service enquiry; or subscribe for newsletters or bulletins of Pearson; or open a reseller account with Pearson.
Depending on the purpose of the collection, the personal data Pearson may collect from you includes your name, contact address, contact telephone number, email address, occupation, employer, job position. Pearson will indicate on the forms collecting the personal data from you which of the data requested on such form is mandatory. If you do not supply the mandatory data, Pearson may not be able to supply the products, services or information in relation to which the data is collected.
Use of personal data
The personal data collected by Pearson may be used by Pearson for the following purposes:
- processing your orders for products of Pearson;
- processing your registration or order for services of Pearson;
- verifying your identity for access to private contents of Pearson's website or event of Pearson or for participating in activities of Pearson;
- research and customer survey;
- processing your application for membership of the Pearson Fan Club; managing, operating and maintaining the Pearson Fan Club; and providing you with information on the activities and benefits of the Pearson Fan Club;
- billing and debt collection;
- dealing with your suggestion, enquiry and complaint;
- communicating with you generally;
- subject to the provisions of the Ordinance to direct market Pearson's products and services to you.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data held by Pearson will be kept confidential but Pearson may transfer your personal data to a data processor (e.g. printer, production house or providers of mailing services) engaged by Pearson to process or handle personal data on its behalf, subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Rights of Access and Correction to Data Collected
You have a right to request access to, and to request correction of their personal data held by Pearson. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact Pearson's Data Protection Officer by fax at 2565 7440; by post to 28/F, 1063 King's Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
This Statement may be revised from time to time. If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.